top of page

Heated Conclusion to July

I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool! We've been experiencing an intense heat wave here, and it's been completely miserable. We lost power Saturday night, too, for hours, but thankfully the thunderstorm cooled it down some, so it was at least bearable. I don't want to think about what it would have felt like if it had remained the blistering, scorching, summer heat it had been while being denied access to air conditioning.

I got to sleep in some Monday morning, and it was so helpful. Getting up super early 9 days in a row was brutal; so grateful they're back from their vacation and I can get up at a more reasonable time to help with babysitting/tutoring. My dream recall was pretty fuzzy, though, since I woke up at 8 o'clock and thought I was late, being in the temporary habit of getting up so early. There was a moment of panic, and then I relaxed once I realized the situation. There might have been something about travel in my dreams. There might have been something about teeth, too. Not entirely sure since things seemed so murky.

My dream recall was somewhat murky when I woke up on Tuesday morning. I know that it involved education and school, but I think it had involved tge church I grew up in at one point, too. I'm pretty sure I was at my former high school. I remember stopping by a class to drop off a project. I might have been unable to attend the actual class for some reason, and I conversed with the teacher, saying I'd have it done by like the next day. I traveled down the hallway, and I ended up meeting with some people. Pretty sure Corliss was one of them, but there were others I didn't recognize. Some of the others seemed to be imposing their will on me and not listening to or respecting my wishes when I asked them to stop. We ended up driving somewhere I think. More happened, but that's all I could recall upon waking.

Details from my dream were fairly fuzzy when I woke up Wednesday morning. There was something about being with a group that was assembling or creating something. It might have been as part of a challenge or as a business endeavor. I was supposed to find and send customers that were older/more elderly to the rest of the group, so I ended up going on a walk downtown to see if I could find any. There might have been something about Scooby-Doo, too, but it gets pretty hazy. More happened, but that's all I could remember.

My dream recall was a little hazy Thursday morning, but dreams seemed to be all over the place. There was something about riding on a bus and looking out a window. I seemed to be people watching of sorts as the bus drove down the busy street. I noticed Phil Good several times inside of various buildings, and each time he seemed to be looking right at me, gesturing with his finger to come over with a kind smile.

There was something else involving Pokémon. The original gang was traveling down a river on a log for some reason, and Togepi fell off. No one was able to rescue it because the water current sped up, and the river split. Together was sinking and drowning when Tracy saved it. There seemed to be some flooding going on, which was unnatural and the result of some workers doing an experiment or something. Their workshop was completely flooded and continued to spew out water. Tracy used his Marril to save the workers and to try and stop the water source from flooding everything.

There was something else that seemed to involve dragons. They seemed to be fighting a war or something. There was something about a fireplace being on at one point despite it being warm/summer. I think I ended up giving some kind of speech about how we were all to blame yet not to blame, all enemies yet allies. There was something else about a wedding and a cake, too. That's all I could remember, though.

Dream recall was a little bit muddled when I woke up on Friday morning. There was something about cats; I think I might have been working at a cat café. Then there was something about school. This small group of students was in trouble for something, and the staff were quite upset about it. They weren't going to let them go to the party/celebration/trip. I'm pretty sure I was the one that disputed it and made a case for them, arguing that they might not have ever felt like they belonged at school, so this consequence wouldn't help them be excited to be at school. I think I Then recommended that they go but that they help the teachers and staff clean up the school instead as a consequence. One of the teachers asked if I had my belongings before asking me to use crayons to color a picture for some reason. More might have happened, but that's all I could remember once awake.

From what I could remember Saturday morning, my dreams involved this group of people that were in hiding. They seemed to have these underground dwellings/workshops. They had a craftsmen/blacksmith area for sure. It seemed to be of about 50 people or less. They ended up going on the run because this troll/cyclops/giant came trudging through the forest in modern day clothes (seemed almost kind of like a businessman but not quite), hunting them down. They scattered and went all of these secret routes, but the troll/cyclops/giant almost got them a number of times. The group ended up stumbling across this settlement of fairies; these fairies were tiny and looked like small, glowing orbs. There was this magical elven version of Robin Williams there that decided to help the group. Details got rather murky, and the last thing I could remember is that April and Corliss met up with me and wanted to go to some pool that was surrounded by this wooded area and what seemed to be apartments. That's all I could recall once awake.

My dream recall was pretty fuzzy when I woke up this morning. There was something about walking around this school/neighborhood. There was a mailbox full of stuff. There was something else about this nature spot by a house that someone used to release and let loose. They would hang out by the waterfall in the middle of the night and sing, embracing connection with nature. Some lady was all put off and was trying to control the situation, trying to get the person in trouble. More might have happened, but that's everything I could remember.

It was the last week of summer courses for the boys, so we worked hard to ensure they finished strong. It had its hiccups, though, as the older brother got extremely frustrated with one assignment. It was taking a lot longer than he would have liked and required a lot of planning (he just wanted to be finished). In his frustrated, impatient rush to get finished, he accidentally deleted a large chunk of his writing on the Google doc, and then instead of pressing the undo button, he pressed the back button. All of his work was then lost. He pretty much lost it at that point, so I sent him to his room to cool down and take a break. I did my best to re-do what I could remember for him (because the assignment had been dragging on for almost 2 hours at that point). Otherwise, it was fairly smooth sailing for their assignments. He thought the final assessment was pretty easy, and it took him about an hour complete--he was so excited to finally be finished.

I also did some last-minute babysitting for another family Tuesday night, and their 6-year-old son was ecstatic to see me. He was having us come up will all these creative stories and games. His Mewtwo plush, for instance, had too much psychic powers and crashed landed back to earth from space, resulting in him needing casts. He also decided that my labradorite crystal necklace was the most valuable gem in the world and that groups have been fighting over it for millions and billions of years. The kid is a hoot; it's always a lot of fun being around their imaginations.

I ended up hanging out with April and Iris Friday afternoon, and they were excited to see me again. We ended up getting lunch and hanging out before going to Chuck E. Cheese's, so Iris could play a bunch of games. It also didn't hurt that it was indoors because summer has been brutally hot here lately. Iris was so excited, and I ended up hitting a variety of jackpots/bonuses. Pretty sure I hit them 9 times. It was pretty frustrating that they changed things to the cards; in order to play the coin games, you scan your card, and a coin spits out below, which means you need to squat down repeatedly to get your coin. Sadly, you can't do it in bulk, meaning you have to wait like a minute before you can get another one, which is rather irritating. My legs got rather sore from the repetitive squats. Iris was ecstatic for all the prizes she could get from us combining all the tickets we won for her; she had quite the haul, and she kept thanking us. We rounded things up by picking up her mom and going out for ice cream. All in all, it was a pretty fun day.

Tsuki was her typical nutty self this past week, getting into all sorts of antics and making us laugh. She enjoyed plenty of cat naps, feeling more lethargic during the peak heat. The window shelf is definitely one of her favorite hangout spots, along side her cat house, crinkle bed/house and her chair. That being said, she still had plenty of antics and shenanigans, lurking below me and launching herself at me. Tsuki gets some serious air with her leaps; it really seemed like she was trying to embrace her inner great white shark in spirit of Shark Week. She didn't seem too bothered by the power outage, either, although she did seem a bit confused why it got dark and quiet. Tsuki ended up running around on the porch in the dark and had a blast. She played with her toys, dragging them all over the house and also enjoyed snuggles during the cooler periods. She's such an adorable, loveable goof.

Artwork for the week included more diamond art:

I wrote more new content for Creativity Chronicles this week and created new YouTube shorts, receiving over 300,000 views for the tie dye one! I even started collaborating with other websites! Feel free to check out the newest articles and shorts!

New Creativity Chronicles' articles included:

Make sure to practice self-care, staying cool and hydrated, during these heat waves. They're seriously no joke. Also prioritize joy, fun, love, and laughter; give yourself time and opportunity to follow your passions and dreams. Life's too short to be all work and no play. You're worthy, so don't sell yourself short and settle for less. You deserve to live a life worthwhile where you thrive. You can achieve anything you set your mind to, so believe and you'll see! You've got this! Have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

Food for thought to consider for the week:

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page