Dot Marker Butterflies
Here's a fun, simple art activity that doesn't cost very much. You need dot markers, coffee filters, pipe cleaners, and bug bodies (but you don't have to use the bug bodies if you don't want to).
1. Start by gathering your materials
2. Use your dot markers to color your coffee filter. Using monochromatic or analogous color schemes work best (when complementary colors, which are colors across from each other on the color wheel like red and green, mix they make a brownish gray color).
3. Add a pipe cleaner to your bug body. You can curl the antenna with a pencil.
4. Once the coffee filter is dry, fold it accordion style.
5. Insert the folded coffee filter into the bug body.
6. Open up your butterfly's wings, and then you're done!
7. Make as many as you'd like. You don't have to use a bug body if you don't want, and use just a pipe cleaner instead.
If you want to use the materials I did, you can check out the links below.