top of page

Final Days of January

I hope everyone is doing well and getting more sleep that I had this week! It was a very busy week full of babysitting/tutoring, creating art, writing, hanging out with Tsuki (who keeps stealing and losing the paper beads around the house), and pet sitting. Balancing so many things alongside friends wanting to see me and my body's needs proved rather challenging this week. I hadn't been able to fall asleep a couple of nights, leading to exhaustion due to needing to get up early for my morning shift. Some weeks are quite rough, but there are still amazing experiences in those times.

My dream recall was fairly fuzzy when I woke up on Monday morning, and it was a challenge getting out of bed due to how cold it was and how cozy I was. There was something about crystals and Pokémon in my dream, but that's all I could remember once I woke up. It was super difficult getting up on Tuesday morning; with how cold it was, it was way too tempting to stay snuggled in bed and go back to sleep. Dream recall was pretty hazy; there was something about crystals, but that's all I could remember upon waking.

I wasn't able to remember much when I woke up on Wednesday morning, either. There was something about snow, but it made sense as the boys ended up having a snow day due to the snowstorm. Otherwise, I wasn't able to remember any specific details.

It was extra tempting to stay snuggled up in bed and go back to sleep because it was so cold Thursday morning. My dream recall was somewhat fuzzy, but I could remember more than previous nights. The first thing I could recall was that I happened to be at a store. The store seemed to be Target. There seemed to be something special going on, almost like an event. A girl that seemed to be Sailor Mars was insistent on doing scientific research, entering all sorts of data into graphs, charts, and her computer. More happened, but the next thing I could remember was the boys' mom giving me a new staff shirt from the local children's museum. It fit nice and was rather cozy, but it had several noticeable holes in it. I ended up going over to get a new shirt from a museum. Pretty sure more transpired, but that's all I could remember once I woke up.

Thursday night into Friday morning was rough because I was unable to fall asleep despite my exhaustion. I'm not sure why I wasn't able to fall asleep at all, but it left me with no energy Friday to do my daily things like babysitting/tutoring, writing, as well as pet sitting.

It was another incredibly rough night Friday going into Saturday; I tried going to sleep early, but I wasn't able to fall asleep for the longest. Then when I finally was able to go to sleep, the dogs would start barking at deer and wake me up. I was lucky if I got 1-2 hours of sleep. I could remember bits and pieces from the little I did sleep. There was something about being in an auditorium, which seemed to be a school auditorium filled with many people. People were tossing out prizes. Everyone was trying to catch this stuffed animal, and it bounced off their hands, landing on my head. They were all jealous when I was able to easily obtain the plushie without trying. It was a blue penguin I think. Someone ended stealing the plushie from me, trying to play it off as they had caught it all on their own and didn't know what I was talking about when I called them out for lying. I got staff involved; their "solution" was to give me some tiny toy. It was rather frustrating. The girl who had stole from me started harassing other people, throwing popcorn at them. When I went to alert the staff, chaos ended up breaking loose, almost like a battle. I ended up leaving the building. It got a bit hazy, but it seemed like I become Ladybug and teamed up with Cat Noir; Hawk Moth seemed to be kidnapping people, bringing them to the moon in order to create fake versions of heroes to be imposters. We ended up going to the moon to infiltrate the group. More happened, but I couldn't remember it clearly with so little sleep. It was hard to function.

I was able to sleep in this morning, and it was glorious. I'm still sleepy from the lack of sleep the previous 3 nights, but I feel considerably better. My dream recall was a bit fuzzy, but I could remember 2 main parts. The first thing I could remember is this girl having this guardian/knight. She might have been a princess or just someone important. It seemed to be a world of magic. There was this weird forcefield thing that was locking people inside. Somehow it glitched out for a moment, and the girl unexpectedly fell through to the other side of the barrier. The guardian/knight guy freaked out and tried to follow her, but the barrier came back up. He was pretty frantic about getting to the girl and protecting her. There were some kind of beings/creatures that were after the girl, and she got surrounded. Somehow the guardian/knight got some kind of power boost through his determination/desperation and acquired some kind of armor (I think it might have been rainbow colored and seemed sort of like an astronauts suit rather than traditional knight armor). He managed to save her at the last moment, and I think he ended up kissing her afterwards, which was a surprise to the girl. Apparently, he had been hiding his feelings for her all this time.

The next part of my dream that I could remember involved some kind of play. This lady/director was getting everyone to practice some kind of holiday/Christmas play. Everyone had memorized their lines and all, and as they were performing the play, the actors started deviating from the script. The actors weren't actually all humans/people. The only one that stood out in my memory upon waking was Sonic the Hedgehog (for whatever reason). The director started freaking out since it seemed to her to be almost chaos. Randomly these "angels" (the actors decided to add completely new parts to the play) started showing up and singing. The actors had decided to ad lib and go with the flow, allowing everyone to play the part they wanted to, rather than the strictly scripted roles. The director was horrified, feeling like the play was completely ruined, but the cast was having a blast and the audience was actually loving it. By the end of the play, the audience was gushing about the play, finding it to be hilarious and how they were pleasantly surprised by the new twists and takes on the classic play. Some even admitted that they were afraid it was going to be another boring, traditional holiday play, and this play had actually turned out to be their favorite. More happened, but that's all I could remember once I woke up.

The boys were excited to have a snow day this week; they had been making plans to hang out with their friends prior to it even being announced. They ended up going bowling, since there wasn't that much snow (despite all the predictions of a crazy amount of snow). They loved discussing the most recent episode of The Owl House with me and decided that there needs to be a crossover between Toy Story and The Owl House now that the Collector is having their fun and turning everyone into toys.

I also did some pet sitting this week. Corliss enjoyed hanging out with me and the two dogs, Cricket and Clyde, and it was nice catching up with her. Iris and April came over to visit the dogs, too, and Iris had a complete blast playing with the dogs (she probably played with them nonstop for 3 hours). The dogs are super sweet, but it wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't been woken up continuously by the pair; they kept barking due to seeing deer and the like. I was going off of 7 hours of sleep for 3 nights. Needless to say, it was not fun. Corliss was surprised at how well I was handling not having enough sleep. Thankfully, I was able to sleep in this morning. While about 10 hours of sleep doesn't make up for the previous nights, I'm feeling much better.

Tsuki was her typical goofy self, having a blast with all of her toys (and even things that aren't her toys). She's gotten cozy by the fire, enjoyed birdwatching from the window, used her cat scratcher cave, played with the kitty bank, and stole plenty of paper beads, which she then loses all around the house. Tsuki was also bummed that I was pet sitting this week; she kept trying to get me to stay when I would visit her after dropping the boys off at school. It was super sweet. Then, this morning was my first day back, and she was so eager to get attention and love from me; Tsuki even purred for a good 15 minutes, which is especially noteworthy because despite her being a happy cat most of the time, she rarely purrs. It was so great to be back home, and Tsuki couldn't agree more.

Artwork for the week included:

I wrote more content for Creativity Chronicles this week! I also created new content for Luck's List! I even started collaborating with other webistes! Feel free to check out the newest articles!

New Creativity Chronicles' articles included:

New Luck's List articles:


Please make sure to take care of yourself! Self-care is vital, especially when life gets hard. If that means you need to sleep in, do it! You deserve to prioritize your well-being and health. Be gentle with yourself, as you're doing the best you can. I know that I gave myself permission to have a lighter workload this week; with all the other demands this week, I wasn't able to do as much writing this week, but I didn't beat myself up over it. It's okay to give yourself the opportunity to rest and take it easy; there's no need to push yourself so hard that your burn out. Do something that brings joy to your life today because you are worthy of amazing things! While doing the work is important, it doesn't have to be so hard that it breaks you. You deserve happiness, love, and success just as you are. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, everyone, and may if be full of love and light!

Food for thought from Ralph Smart:

Food for thought to consider:

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page